(Grove 1948 – 1953)
Died 15 May 2015, aged 79
Trevor spent his formative years in New Earswick, York and completed his schooling at St Olave’s and St Peter’s before entering the Royal Navy for National Service. After this he decided to be an Architect and studied at Leeds College of Art whilst working as a Trainee with British Railways. Eleven years later he was qualified and within a year had set up his own practice in York latterly at 90 The Mount.
The office had many interesting projects, one being the restoration of Wesley’s Chapel in London, the home of World Methodism, and later Oxford Place Methodist Chapel in Leeds. York Crown Courts was another restoration job and in between these he built supermarkets and office blocks. At its height, Trevor Wilkinson Associates employed 21 staff.
In his spare time Trevor loved classical music – he took singing lessons in London and sang in various choirs; but architecture always took first place. Cricket was also a great love and he was on the Cricket Committee at school for a number of years.
Trevor retired at 55 and was able to spend part of each year in Naples, Florida enjoying the sun. His last years were difficult after major surgery but he was looked after at home by his wife, Julia and their children Deborah and Guy.