New public lectures for all announced
St Peter's School has announced a series of free public lectures, which will see the city host internationally renowned authors, scientists and public figures as part of its community programme of activities.
The lectures, which are open to all, and bookable at no cost through the school's EventBrite page, will take place at the school across the Autumn term.
Past lectures have seen audiences of several hundred people gathering to hear exciting, topical talks, question speakers and often have the opportunity to meet recognised figures in person, during book signing events.
Lectures are followed by light refreshments in the school dining room, giving schools, groups and individuals attending the chance to socialise as well as meet pupils and teachers from the school.
The full list of lectures is:
- Dr Peter Wothers: Gods, Devils and Alcohol
- Randall Munroe: Thing Explainer
- Barbara Taylor Bradford in conversation
- Terry Waite: Survival in Solitude
- Professor Geraint F. Lewis and Dr Luke A. Barnes: A Fortunate Universe: Life in a Finely Tuned Cosmos
- Professor Keith Ward: The Christian Idea of God
- Professor Anil Seth: What in the World is Consciousness?
- St Peter's Science Society Christmas Lecture 2017