St Peter's 13-18
These chocolate cupcakes are dairy free and vegan, and they taste delicious!
This recipe makes 12 portions.
- 350ml plant-based milk (soya milk)
- 1tbsp lemon juice or vinegar
- 330g caster sugar
- 100g plant based butter (flora or vitalite preferably)
- 300g plain flour
- 1tsp bi carbonate of soda
- 80g cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Line a regular sized cupcake tin with paper cases.
- Pre heat the oven to 180/165 fan.
- Add the lemon juice or vinegar to the milk and stir gently, it will curdle and might not look very nice but don’t worry, this is supposed to happen. Leave to one side.
- In a mixing bowl add the butter and sugar, with an electric whisk beat the two together until light and fluffy.
- Combine the flour, bi carb, cocoa and salt and then sift into the sugar mix.
- Stir well and gradually add the milk, continue to mix until smooth.
- Now spoon in to the paper cases, dividing the mix equally and place into the pre heated oven.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- When the time is up gently place a cocktail stick into a cupcake and remove, if it comes out clean then remove the tray and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Gently remove the cupcakes from the tin onto a cooling rack and eat when suits.
You could add a few extras if you like, a few handfuls of chocolate chips or dried fruit for example but you may need to allow a little extra time for cooking.