St Peter's 13-18
This sweet yet savoury dish is a South American classic. A slight hint of chilli gives a great kick and makes a perfect Saturday evening ‘fake-away.’
Serves 4 adults
- Ground cumin x 1tsp
- Paprika x 1tsp
- Chilli powder x 1 tsp
- English mustard x 1tsp
- Tomato ketchup x 60g
- Honey x 60g
- Soft brown sugar x 50g
- White wine vinegar x 20ml
- Garlic clove, crushed x 1
- Crushed chillies x ½ tsp
- Fairtrade 70% dark chocolate x 90g
- Instant coffee x 2tsp
- Water x 50ml
- Chicken thighs x 8
Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius
- Mix together the cumin, paprika, chilli powder, mustard, ketchup, honey, sugar, vinegar, garlic and chilli flakes.
- Break up the chocolate and place in a bowl with the coffee, sugar and water. Fill a pan with water and place the bowl on top. Heat gently and stir until all ingredients are combined. Remove from heat and once cool add all the ingredients together.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and mix thoroughly. Marinade in the fridge overnight or for a couple of hours before cooking.
- Place the chicken on a baking tray lined with parchment and bake until fully cooked and slightly blackened.
Serve with flatbreads, a mixed leaf salad and braised rice.