St Peter's 13-18
Image: Oenone Hedley
The St Peter's School Art Department are seeking artwork for a whole school postcard exhibition called 'Getting Stuck In'.
The postcard exhibition is inspired by the Royal College of Art's annual Secret Postcard Exhibition, which sees artists anonymously donate a postcard.
This year, the Art Department at St Peter's plans to host its own exhibition of postcards. Since we are all 'stuck' at home at the moment due to lockdown, the Art Department would like pupils, members of staff, parents and Old Peterites to 'get stuck in' and create a piece of artwork for the exhibition.
There are no age restrictions and anyone with a connection to the school can submit a piece of work.
If you would like to 'get stuck in', please follow these guidelines:
- The title does not set the theme. You may wish to use a technique which involves sticking (eg. collage), but any fine art medium can be used.
- Images must be 'traditional' postcard size (150mm x 105mm) either landscape or portrait but can be in relief or 3 dimensional as long as the width and height are within the size restrictions.
- Make sure the card or background surface is thick enough to stay rigid (paper will be too thin). You can work on a huge variety of substrates including card, wood, plastic, metal, pre-existing postcards etc.
- The image must be original (ie. created by you and not copied from somewhere else)
- Photography on its own is not allowed, but a photograph might form the basis of a collage or mixed media piece.
- Use your imagination!
Submitting your artwork:
- On the back write NAME and AGE and CONNECTION to St Peter's School.
- Send (or deliver) to Lucy Hicks, St Peter's Art Department, Clifton, York, YO30 6AB
- Deadline 30 April 2021 (if sent through post defined by postmark)
All postcards will be displayed as part of our end of year exhibition in Summer 2021.