St Peter's 13-18
The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, Article 12 gives young people:
The right to express an opinion, and to have that opinion taken into account, in any matter that affects them.
The aim of the School Council is to give students a voice. In order to do this it must:
- Find out what students are thinking
- Involve people
- Take a positive approach
- Communicate effectively
A successful School Council will:
- Make sensible suggestions and requests
- Raise awareness of issues in school,
- Plan and organise activities and events
- The School Council is not a place to discuss individuals.