Eco Schools is an international award programme that guides schools on their sustainable journey, providing a framework to help embed these principles into the heart of school life.
Eco Club is open to pupils across the school and raises awareness for the environment. Some of the things we do for the environment include:
- working with the Estates staff to make sure the recycling facilities are used properly in School
- carrying out food waste audits, encouraging pupils to only take what they can eat and not to waste food
- making eco crafts and gifts
- taking part in Switch Off Fortnight and Waste Week – national campaigns to raise awareness in schools
- creating a tree of promises, where students write pledges on leaves to do their bit for the environment for the new year