Young cricketers are invited to register for the St Peter’s Cricket Academy for a week of fun, inclusive and top-level coaching.
The course is open to girls and boys aged over 9 years, who are passionate about cricket.
Girls and boys attending the academy will:
Improve their technical skills through expert specialist tuition, practice and feedback
- Develop their match mindset through practice and coaching
- Build their physical capabilities through strength and conditioning coaching, in addition to tuition in a range of other sports and activities
- Develop their confidence and self-awareness in a supportive community of cricketing enthusiasts
- Build new friendships with other young cricketers
My son has loved every minute of his week. He definitely wants to come back next year and we would highly recommend it to others.
Cricket Academy parent
A typical day on the course:
09:00 - Arrival and warm-up
09:30 - Coaching – players will be split into smaller groups according to age and ability
12:00 - Lunch
12:45 - Coaching session
15:00 - Daily academy challenge
15:30 - Afternoon tea
16:00 - Try something different! Here’s an opportunity for one hour to do something other than play cricket before heading home. Previous years activities have included Water Polo, Gladiators, Zorb football and team challenges.
17:00 - Parent pick-up
St Peter's Summer Cricket Academy, open for boys and girls over 9 years of age, includes:
- Masterclass – A full day with a guest coach who plays representative cricket
- Full video analysis
- ‘Bowl at the Pro’ session
- Daily Academy Challenges – range hitting, zone hitting, catches in a minute off the crazy catch, 1 stump challenge, ‘Worldie’ catch.
- Cricket matches on the final afternoon to show off players new skills and confidence in front of your families with a traditional cricket tea for spectators and players with an awards ceremony to follow
- A trip to Headingley Cricket Ground to watch The Hundred Competition men's match, Northern Superchargers v Southern Brave, Thursday 30 July at 7.00pm (please note, this will be a late return to School and optional).
- An individual Player Profile booklet to takes notes in with personalised notes from coaching team
- St Peter’s personalised cricket match top and hooded jumper
Food and drink:
- All day water & squash
- Morning fruit and biscuits
- Lunch, including a choice of a hot meal, salad bar and pudding
- Afternoon tea of sandwiches and cakes
The organisation was brilliant. It's always a little daunting leaving your child somewhere new but he was completely happy and comfortable. A big thank you to all the coaches and everyone involved.
Cricket Academy parent
Price and booking
A full all-inclusive week on the Cricket Summer Academy costs £350.
Book your child's place before 30 April to receive an early bird discount of £50!
Complete the online application form and pay the £50 non-refundable deposit to secure your place and the early bird discount.
For more information contact Rebecca Lee-Bursnall, Lettings Officer, at
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01904 527362.