St Peter’s School is committed to acting in the best interests of children and young people so as to safeguard and promote their welfare.
Safeguarding Policy and Procedures
The School requires everyone who comes into contact with children and their families to share a commitment to safeguarding to ensure that every pupil feels safe and protected from any form of abuse and neglect.
St Peter's School has a comprehensive Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy, which aims to actively promote the well-being of pupils.
The aims of this policy are as follows:
- to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, staff and others who come into contact with the School and to protect them from harm;
- to have clear procedures in place for dealing with and referring concerns about or relating to the welfare of any individual and/or allegations of abuse, neglect and / or exploitation;
- to raise awareness about how to report concerns and how they will be investigated, whether they are current or historic in nature;
- to raise staff awareness about the School's safeguarding expectations;
- to ensure staff are competent to carry out their safeguarding responsibilities and feel supported in this role;
- to ensure consistent good safeguarding practice throughout the School, to include the promotion of a zero tolerance approach to peer on peer sexual violence and harassment in which pupils are confident to report it and staff are confident to identify and respond to it;
- To promote a whole school culture of safety, equality and protection.
Our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy forms part of the School’s whole school approach to promoting child safeguarding and wellbeing, which seeks to ensure that the best interests of pupils underpins and is at the heart of all decisions, systems, processes and policies.
Antonia Clarke, our Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL), takes lead responsibility for all aspects of safeguarding and child protection (including online safety) throughout the School.
Please see the contact details for our Safeguarding Team below.