We have a comprehensive procedure to ensure the safe transit of our boarding pupils. However, parents are asked to note the following guidelines in particular.
Guidelines for International Travel
- Term dates are provided and we ask that they are adhered to. Where travel arrangements cannot correspond with the beginning and end of term, Guardians are kindly asked to request for permission for early leave or late arrival from the Head Master.
- We strongly advise that overseas pupils arrive in the UK several days in advance of term in order to recover from jet lag to be fully prepared for the start of term. This is particularly significant when overseas boarders arrive at the School for the first time. Pupils will need to stay with their guardians during this period.
- For pupils travelling long distances, we would recommend they leave a day early rather than a day late at the end of term.
- If a pupil needs to leave the UK after the term has finished, overnight accommodation and the airport transfer must be arranged by the parents, relatives or guardians.
- In prior arrangements with parents, the Guardian will take full responsibility for arranging significant travel. All arrangements should be communicated to the Houseparents.
- Parents or guardians are asked to provide boarding Houseparents with at least two weeks’ notice of all flight details and times so that the School can make the appropriate arrangements.
Travel to St Peter’s
St Peter’s is conveniently located at the heart of York and can be reached by train in 2 hours from London Kings Cross and Edinburgh. We are also within easy reach of Leeds / Bradford Airport.
We provide a transfer service, free of charge, to Leeds/Bradford Airport.
- Arrival at Leeds Bradford Airport must be on the day the boarding house re-opens for the start of term or half-term (usually this is a Sunday)
- Departure from Leeds Bradford Airport must be on the last day of the school term (usually this is a Friday)
- We do not arrange transfers to and from any other airports - Houseparents will advise on alternative transport methods should your child be travelling to another airport.
Should the transfer service be required, please complete the Leeds Bradford Airport Transfer Form and return it to [email protected] with at least two weeks’ notice in order for appropriate arrangements to be made.
Overseas candidates who are unable to attend at St Peter’s on entrance exam day may make arrangements to take their tests closer to home. Gillian Bland, our Admissions Officer, will be pleased to provide advice and guidance in making these arrangements.
Return and departure
If a pupil returns to the UK before the first day of term, overnight accommodation and the airport transfer must be arranged by parents, relatives or guardians.
- Boarders joining the school for the very first time should follow the timings shown in their joining packs. At other times, boarders should arrive at the boarding houses between 4pm and 6pm on the Sunday before the academic year begins.
- If any pupil is unable to meet these times due to flight schedules they should contact their houseparent well in advance in order for other arrangements to be made.
- For pupils travelling long distances, we would recommend pupils leave a day early rather than a day late at the end of term.
- If a pupil needs to leave the UK after the term has finished, overnight accommodation and the airport transfer must be arranged by the parents, relatives or guardians, however, term dates should be adhered to.