Professor Carolin Crawford delivering a lecture in 2017
The St Peter's School Public Lecture programme is a series of lectures, talks and presentations by a range of expert speakers from many disciplines.
The School organises several of these per term. They are open to the public and usually free to attend. Click below for more information on our upcoming public lectures.
Summer Term lectures at St Peter's School
Tickets for our Public Lectures are usually FREE and are available from our Eventbrite page.
Due to the popularity of our lectures, parking on site can be very limited. The nearest public car park is on Marygate, which is just a few minutes' walk from the school.
Please let us know if you need a disabled parking space, are hard of hearing or need other assistance at the event. If you have any enquiries or access requirements you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01904 527315.
Free refreshments are served after most events. If the speaker is an author, copies of his/her recent books will be on sale with a chance to have them signed.
If you'd like to be kept up-to-date with the latest news from our Public Lecture series, you can join our mailing list here.
Recent speakers have come from the fields of physics, philosophy, business and politics. They include:
- Dr Nessa Carey, Imperial College London
- AC Grayling, philosopher and author
- Terry Waite, writer and humanitarian
- Professor Anil Seth, University of Sussex
- Professor Keith Ward, University of Oxford
- Professor Geraint F. Lewis and Dr Luke A. Barnes, University of Sydney
- Randall Munroe, author and physicist
- Dr Peter Wothers, University of Cambridge
- Peter Stanford, broadcaster and historian
- Dr Beth Healey, European Space Agency
- Professor Paul Freemont, University of Nottingham
- Professor Lisa Randall, Harvard University
- Steve Biddulph, author and inspirational speaker
- The Yorkshire Rows, record-breaking transatlantic rowers
- Jonathan Dimbleby, broadcaster and historian
- Rev. Richard Coles, broadcaster and author
- Professor Jeff Forshaw, University of Manchester
- Anne Widdecombe, former MP, broadcaster and author
- Dan Cruickshank, historian and broadcaster
- Gervase Phinn, author and broadcaster
- Professor Kevin Shakesheff, University of Nottingham
- Professor Mike Ferguson, University of Dundee
- Professor Carolin Crawford, University of Cambridge
- Chris Mullin, former MP, political diarist and author
- Professor Martin Elliott, University College London
- Peter Jones, classicist
- Professor Mark McCaughrean, European Space Agency
- Professor Matthew Cobb, University of Manchester
- Professor Jo Dunkley, Oxford University
- Carol Ann Duffy, Poet Laureate
- Sir Vince Cable, former Business Secretary
- John O'Farrell, comedian and writer
- Professor Steve Jones, UCL
- Tanya Landman, author
- Val McDermid, author
Other speakers have included Baroness Sayeeda Warsi, Johnny Ball, Dr Lindsay Fitzharris, Sir Simon Jenkins, John Humphrys, Dame Jenni Murray, Robert Winston, Iby Knill, Alan Johnson MP, Andrew Motion, Dr Janina Ramirez, Andy McNab, Ned Boulting, Monica Grady, Matthew d'Ancona and Sir Anthony Seldon.