St Peter's 8-13 is one of the UK’s top Prep schools and we aim to inspire and nurture all the children in our care.
Where most schools catapult children from junior school to senior school at age 11, at St Peter's 8-13 we have an age range of 8 to 13.
The reason that our 12 and 13 year olds are at the top of the junior school, not lost at the bottom of a big senior school, is so they gain in confidence, self-esteem and opportunities. This system ensures that our Year 7 and 8 pupils can thrive without the pressures of being surrounded by older pupils. St Peter's 8-13 offers:
- a seamless transition into St Peter’s 13-18, as part of the St Peter's School family
- a focus on teaching and learning in Year 6 - not SATS
- a House system which provides individual mentoring and support and a nurturing family atmosphere
- school sessions from Monday to Saturday morning to allow for a broad and diverse curriculum
- facilities normally only found in a senior school including: Science Labs, Music Centre, Art and Design Centre, Cookery Room, two Sports Halls, Swimming Pool
- Spanish, French, German and Latin
- outstanding access to Sport for all abilities - pupils have on average five hours of sport a week
- a good mixture of male and female teachers
- flexible boarding options
- a wide range of inspiring co-curricular clubs, trips and after school activities